Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Weathering a new Motto


Cassie - French Bulldog
Nick - Boston Terrier
"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

I've decided to that the mail courier motto fits dog walking pretty darn well. With just a bit of modification, I'm sure I could make it into a good motto for dog walkers...

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these walkers from their dogs.
...though the walk may be altered to fit the needs of the dog.


Palin - Pomeranian

Hmmm... Might need to work on that a bit.  ;)

The thing is, not all dog walks are equal. There are small dogs, big dogs, puppies that need extra patience*, older dogs who can't go so far, two dogs that get walked together and dogs who want to run, run, run! There are also dogs who may have temporary changes due to an injury or a surgery or something else. It's at these times that it is crucial that the pet parent and dog walker have good lines of communication. Overall, each walk is different. Yet weather will not keep me from my appointed rounds. Maybe I'm over thinking it...


Elmhurst Pet Parade 2011
* The link is to a blog post Amanda, Top Dog of Out-U-Go! Downers Grove, wrote!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dogs! They must be walked.

Domino is getting old and lumpy, yet she still loves her walks. My folks try to take her out once a day so that they can all get some exercise. Her stamina is not what it once was, though, and it makes me sad when I visit and take her out and realize it. She has issues with her legs and will stumble frequently when she gets tired. And now she pants heavily, too, after any kind of exertion. Love her to bits, though. It's tough stuff being an older dog!

j9 said...

"Dogs, they must be walked" Ooooo! I like that!

How old is Domino? It's too bad we can't make them not get older...
Socko's 9 now and for a Shepherd Mix, that's late middle age. I take him out for a once around the block daily and Bek takes him on longer walks. But I've started noticing the older dog stuff too. I told him to stop that. He says he can't...

Anonymous said...

Aw, Socko dog! He seems much younger. Every time I see him he's very bouncy and playful. :)

I think Domino is 10. I know my rabbit is older. She's had some bad times with intestinal stuff (yay special diet) and I think the tumors may be interfering with her gait. She's still very spunky, though, despite her infirmities (don't say infirmity around her!).