Thursday, June 2, 2011

But cats HATE water!

Not all cats hate water. There's even a breed of cat, the Turkish Van, that LOVES water!!
  
Meander drinking from the faucet
One of my cats, Meander (the long haired gray boy), will sit on the edge of the tub and bathe himself while I take a bath. He likes for me to rub my wet hands over his fur so he can lick the water droplets off. He also drinks from the faucet. I adopted him from the shelter at 4 years of age. The first time he jumped up on the sink, I thought he just wanted to get closer to me. The he nuzzled the faucet. I turned it on and he was thrilled. "You've done this before, haven't you?"

Hey! What a good idea!! I, Ink, shall now drink!
 I have another cat Ink (the little black kitty) who learned how to drink out of the faucet by watching Meander when he was just a kitten. I don't know if he would've been such a water lovin' cat on his own since he followed his big brother around and wanted to do everything just like Meander! It's that whole "nature vs. nurture" debate... but with adopted cats.

 
Alex and Spencer drinking water from the tub

These other two cats are Alex and Spencer. I petsit for them through Out-U-Go! Every time I go over there, one of the first things I do is turn on the bathtub faucet so they can slurp up the trickels of water. They love it! Alex even gets right into the tub and, by the time he gets out, his face is all wet.


 

Ready.... set....
Lick!!!  




No comments: