Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Passing of a Friend

Ms. Molly, who had cancer, has passed on. She was such a sweet girl! I will never forget how she'd flop on her back demanding bellyrubs  whenever she saw me. (And yes, I was the sucker who would always comply.)

The day I came in to the note that said if she was still laying by the front door to call her momma, was the last day I spent with her. I called her mom and she told me that it was time and we cried. I took Tailor for a walk. Then, when we got back, I spent some extra time sitting next to Molly giving her pets and lovin'. I knew she was feeling miserable since she didn't roll on her back for belly rubs. But I sang to her and petted her softly. At one point, all the pets, Tailor and the two kitties, came and sat around her too. It was as if we were sitting vigil. I stayed until she fell asleep, assuring her that her momma would be home soon. I wish I could've stayed, but I had to leave to go care for other pets.

Even though I only knew her briefly, I will never forget my friend, Molly.

Ms. Molly - Glen of Immal Terrier

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Molly-girl, you have gone to Toledo (where all the good pets go)! I am sorry to hear it. But I also hear you had a really good life and your humanz loved you lots. This is good.